David Mandel is the firm’s managing partner and chairman of its Real Estate department. His practice is focused on the areas of Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions, Leasing and Finance, Commercial Transactions and Corporate law.
His real estate practice includes representation of national and regional retail tenants, as well as national, regional and local shopping center owners and developers. He also represents landlords and tenants in office and industrial leasing matters, borrowers and lenders in commercial loan transactions, buyers and sellers of commercial properties and apartment complexes and developers of both traditional and condominium type residential communities and shopping centers.
Mr. Mandel has also recently acted as local counsel for a Pension fund in connection with their acquisition of a portfolio of nine shopping centers. In addition to his real estate representation, he represents non real estate business clients in corporate and transactional matters, advising them on a wide variety of issues including business formations, employment agreements, shareholder and partnership agreements, corporate reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Mandel has an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Villanova University, B.S. in Economics, cum laude, 1974
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1977
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® 2004 – 2015
- Recipient, Villanova University Economics Department Adam Smith Award, 1974
Presentations and Publications
- Mr. Mandel has taught several seminars at conferences for the International Council of Shopping Centers, of which he is a member, including “The Duty to Mitigate Damages–Does it Exist?”, “Common Area Maintenance–What’s Hot, What’s Not”, and “A Half Baked Idea?–Issues Arising from the Purchase, Sale and Financing of a Shopping Center Under Construction”
- Mr. Mandel has also lectured at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute Real Estate