Barbara Oaks Silver is a partner in the firm, with her practice focused on the areas of Family Law and Estate and Financial Planning. Before joining the Firm in 1991, Ms. Silver worked as a partner with her husband, Edward W. Silver, in their own Philadelphia Law Firm.
In 1999, Ms. Silver was one of the 154 attorneys chosen by her peers as a Best Lawyer in Philadelphia Magazine. She was also named as one of the Top 50 women lawyers in Pennsylvania. In 2004, 2005 and 2006, Ms. Silver was also named a Super Lawyer by her colleagues.
- University of Pennsylvania, undergraduate degree, Phi Beta Kappa
- Temple University Law School , J.D., 1969, first in class
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Facilitator and teacher of the course titled “The Law, The Community and You” through Temple University Center City, TARP Division
- Created and taught “Practical Law & Money” to over 1,400 women at the Gershman Y in Philadelphia
- Past Chair of the Board of Friends of Curtis Institute of Music
- Member of Executive Board of Stokowski Society
- Creator and instructor of practical law and finance course designed especially for women at the Institute of Awareness in Philadelphia
- Serves on the Board of Directors for several community organizations
Presentations and Publications
- Ms. Silver has lectured and taught many courses throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, primarily focusing on Family Law and Estate Planning.
- Former Professor of Corporate Law at the Institute for Paralegal Training in Philadelphia