Barbara Oaks Silver is a partner in the firm, with her practice focused on the areas of Family Law and Estate and Financial Planning. Before joining the Firm in 1991, 23 years ago, Ms. Silver worked as a partner with her husband, Edward W. Silver, in their own Philadelphia Law Firm.
In 1999, Ms. Silver was one of the 154 attorneys chosen by her peers as a Best Lawyer in Philadelphia Magazine. She was also named as one of the Top 50 women lawyers in Pennsylvania. In 2004, 2005 and 2006, Ms. Silver was also named a Super Lawyer by her colleagues.
- University of Pennsylvania, undergraduate degree, Phi Beta Kappa
- Temple University Law School , J.D., 1969, first in class
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Facilitator and teacher of the course titled “The Law, The Community and You” through Temple University Center City, TARP Division
- Created and taught “Practical Law & Money” to over 1,400 women at the Gershman Y in Philadelphia
- Past Chair of the Board of Friends of Curtis Institute of Music
- Member of Executive Board of Stokowski Society
- Creator and instructor of practical law and finance course designed especially for women at the Institute of Awareness in Philadelphia
- Serves on the Board of Directors for several community organizations
Presentations and Publications
- Ms. Silver has lectured and taught many courses throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, primarily focusing on Family Law and Estate Planning.
- Former Professor of Corporate Law at the Institute for Paralegal Training in Philadelphia