Click on image for bio
It is with deepest sadness that AWKM announces the passing of Neil Hurowitz. Neil was our colleague and friend for over 25 years. His professional expertise, his sense of humor and his zeal on behalf of his clients will be greatly missed by us all.
Neil Hurowitz, P.C. is special counsel to the firm, with his practice focused on Family law. Mr. Hurowitz is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Law and the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
In addition to his work in Pennsylvania, Mr. Hurowitz has tried spousal/child support and custody cases in California, New York, North Carolina and New Jersey. His family law practice includes both simple and complex divorce cases and financial issues, difficult custody and support situations, parental and grand-parental visitation rights, spousal abuse, and alimony, for which he has received record court awards.
Prior to his current family law practice, Mr. Hurowitz tried numerous cases before juries on criminal defense, corporate disputes, medical malpractice, computers, negligence, and unusual civil defense suits throughout Pennsylvania.
Mr. Hurowitz has maintained an AV Preeminent ® peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell ® for over 25 years; the highest rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, B.S.
- Dickinson School of Law, J. D.
- District of Columbia
- Served on the Board of Governors of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Served as a Board of Governors member of the Pennsylvania Association of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inns of Court
- Fellow American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Fellow International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Served as Chair of the Professionalism Committee of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and also served as chairman of the Professionalism Committee of the Montgomery County Bar association
- Served as the former President of the Montgomery County Trial Lawyers Association
- Served as the former President of the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America, since its inception in 1983
- Philadelphia’s Best Lawyers’, 2009-2014
- Top 100 Super Lawyers of Pennsylvania
- Top 100 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
- 10 Years Selected to Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Philadelphia Top Rated Lawyers-Divorce
- The Eric Turner Memorial Award July 2013
In recognition of Neil’s valuable contribution to Pennsylvania Family Law,
Not only for the practice of Family Law , but the education of other attorneys in the practice of Family Law, and as a mentor and friend.
Presentations and Publications
- Mr. Hurowitz has authored seven books on family law including two for the legal profession, and the popular book for the general public entitled, “Divorce: Your Fault, My Fault, No Fault”. He has also written numerous articles for the Practical Lawyer, The Barrister and for seminar presentations. He has been featured on many local and national radio and television programs, including The Phil Donahue Show, Montel Williams, CN8, NBC and CBS
- Mr. Hurowitz has lectured at many venues, including the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Association, Melvin Belli Seminars, Northeastern Christian College, Temple Law School, Widener Law School and at Inns of Court, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, PA Chapter.
- He has lectured to more than 20,000 lawyers throughout the United States